Re: default init on non-Linux platforms

On 02/23/2014 08:57 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 08:50:13PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>  > http://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=systemd-sysv+upstart+openrc+sysv-rc&show_installed=on&want_legend=on&want_ticks=on&from_date=2014-01-01&to_date=&hlght_date=&date_fmt=%25Y-%25m&beenhere=1
>>
>> sysv-rc wins...
>>
>> With useless stats, we can say useless things.
>
> Two things:
>
> - virtually everyone installs systemd in parallel, not by installing
>   systemd-sysv as this means you don't have an easy way of going
>   back to System V Init in case you shoot yourself into the foot;
>   you just install the package and point your init to the systemd
>   binary
>
> - System V Init is the current default, of course it's installed
>   on virtually all systems
>
>> http://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=systemd+upstart+openrc&show_installed=on&want_legend=on&want_ticks=on&from_date=2014-01-01&to_date=&hlght_date=&date_fmt=%25Y-%25m&beenhere=1
>
> Those are the proper stats to be used and you clearly see the trend.
>
> And like your pet project - OpenRC - my pet project - the m68k port -
> isn't very popular either:
>
>> http://popcon.debian.org/stat/submission.png
>
> And I am not complaining that we're not making it a stable release,
> simply because it's pointless with a documented user base of 9.
>
> Adrian

Marco and yourself are *a way* off topic. Please at least have the
decency to rename the subject of the tread to "systemd fanboys flamewar
yet-again bashing OpenRC just for fun" or something similar (but
preferably: don't just do that in this list, and avoid replying about
anything related to OpenRC, since we all know what type of
non-productive content it's going to be).

On 02/23/2014 09:04 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Well. OpenRC was up for discussion as the default init, wasn't it?

Yes, *was*. Now, move on, we're not discussing this anymore. If you
didn't notice the subject of this thread, it is:

On 02/23/2014 09:06 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> I'm out, the weather is too nice :).

Exactly: you have better things to do. So please stay out (of this
thread and anything else related to OpenRC) and never come back.

Thomas