Re: pulseaudio related problems....

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:17:53AM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> but it takes care of the "Future" part. For the "past" one, obviously
> you'll have to ask PA to enumerate the sink's inputs and then move them
> to the new default one by one.
>
> The pavucontrol GUI doesn't do that currently, but it does do all the baby
> steps so that you can accomplish this task manually with a couple of mouse
> clicks.
> So this shouldn't be *too* impossible to reproduce in your own code,
> I'd assume.

Once you manually move a stream to a different sink, PA records your
decision and the default sink is no longer relevant for that client. So
when you move back, and restart your client, it is not affected by the
default sink. What you propose does not work. Do you have an alternative
in mind?

> Well, that's what libraries are for -- they encapsulate complicated things
> with an easy interface. Write that code once, use it anywhere.

If PA is too crappy to interface directly, then it's not for me. Thanks,
but no thanks. Sounds more like I am trying to use the wrong tool for my
task.

Helmut