Re: pulseaudio related problems....

+++ John Paul Adrian Glaubitz [2014-02-16 14:55 +0100]:
> On 02/16/2014 01:05 PM, Alessio Treglia wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 12:50 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> > <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> >> Well, I'm sorry but I would have probably reacted the same. You were not
> >> reporting a bug, you were just ranting.
> >
> >     If you are willing to help, I am willing to cooperate and
> >     send you configuration and details about my system.
> >
> > It is perhaps a matter of sensitivity, definitely it does not sound as
> > "ranting" to me though.
>
> Sorry, but no. Re-read his bug report, he was incredibly impolite.

No it wasn't. He explicitly said 'I'll spare you my rants', and _didn't_
put in a big rant about how PA is a PITA. Yes it had some 'tone' due to
be filed just after being very annoyed by some problem. Sometimes that
happens. As a maintiner you have to look past that. The very next
message said 'I'll provide details if someone will help debug'. That
should have been taken at face value, and then this bug might have
actually helped solve the problem.

> Again, I would have reacted the same way. You reap what you sow.

Which perhaps goes some way to explaining why this sort of problem has
been around for such a long time.

Please try to make some allowance for grumpy (but competent) people
filing bugs when their sound broke and see if we can get useful info and
hopefully better default behaviour which will reduce the incidence of
such problems.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/