Re: pulseaudio related problems....

On 02/16/2014 12:39 AM, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> Hm.. Please let me copy and paste some passages from that bug-report:
>
> I said: "If you are willing to help, I am willing to cooperate and send you
> configuration and details about my system."
>
> To which I got this answer: "No, thanks. See my previous answer." (I think
> referring to the fact that he isn't an expert).

Well, I'm sorry but I would have probably reacted the same. You were not
reporting a bug, you were just ranting.

Did you really expect to get a reasonable reply to that?

> So I just went on with my life without pulseaudio. What else was I supposed to
> do?

How about writing a proper bug report without being so hostile?

>> Finally, if you set out with a hostile tone, don't be surprised if you get
>> less than exemplary communication back.
> That is true. Keep in mind that the email was written after I had installed an
> IM client, and then after a while my media player had stopped working, and
> that had taken me a few hours to pinpoint. Not the most obvious correlation to
> find.

That might be an explanation but still not an excuse, sorry.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz