Re: Debian/Wheezy general rant Was: mount point gets "(deleted)" / unable to unmount

hi,

2013/6/5 John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>:
> On 06/05/2013 07:24 PM, Bjoern Meier wrote:
>>
>> You striped my other comment. What it is now? A decision of upstream or
>> not?
>

> I stripped it, because I wasn't considering it a valid argument. No one
> keeps you from setting your default xsession and you actually should do
> that when deploying Debian in a large computing environment where you
> are the site administrator.

Ah what? You are confusing something, my skill to do something has
nothing to do with that I have to do it. I really don't understand
this decision. Gnome3 was controverse discussed in many media, so
"Take it or make your move and change it?" It is that hard, to build a
dialog and ask for a desktop? You have the choice, but we already made
it for you".
Just let Gnome3 as default on radio buttons if you really think debian
user are too confused by this.

I remenber, that I complain on this list about how few have the
intention to understand and maintain they own system. Now I understand
how got this so far. Debian seems to grow as a system that doesn't
make it necessary to decide or to understand. At least some want to
see debian as this. Meh.

> Are you going around and install all your machines manually using the
> Debian Installer? Usually, people use automatic installation systems
> like FAI (like we do at our department) which allow you to set
> things like the default session and even let you avoid GNOME3
> completely. If you want, your users will never see GNOME3.

Yes, yes of course I do. Because all our debian systems are just
servers, not workstations. All our servers could be re-install with
the documentation belonging to them. All of them are customizations.
To do so I tried to keep packages as original as I could and maintain
the rest with scripts, because its easier to maintain (to be honest I
adept it from the deb-file: keep upstream and modify with scripts).
So, no FAI is needed on my site. Again: it is NOT my problem to solve
any problem or tasks of customization.

My Problem is just: the more I have to customize, the more time I have
to spent, the more time I have to spent, the more expensive it is. So
yes, all unnecessary changes are annoying. Not to mention, that I know
that software changes over time.

> I am sorry, but you can't blame Debian if you are unwilling to customize
> the configuration to fulfill your needs.
>

>> if you don't just cut my comments but read them, you'd have all your
>> questions already answered.
>

> Again, Debian having chosen GNOME as the default desktop will never
> be a problem in a corporate environment if you as the site administrator
> create a configuration for your needs.
>
> The decision to turn GNOME into that what it is now was made upstream,
> not in Debian. Debian has just chosen to stay with GNOME as the default
> desktop when performing the default installation as it has been like
> for quite some time. And, again, changing the default desktop is a
> no brainer:

Ok, you asking me If i filled a bug. I said, you have your answers
already and you just bring your no-brainer-gnome3-argument again? If
you don't want to read my Email spare your typing. If not: EOD.

Greetings,
Björn