Re: mount point gets "(deleted)" / unable to unmount

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 01:52:13AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> nice to read from you again! (even though... see below :)
>
> On Dienstag, 4. Juni 2013, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > I cant unmount the original mount not with -l nor with -f - both hang.
> > The real problem is though that i am unable to mount new nfs or cifs
> > shares as mount hangs in a readlink:
>
> why don't you file bugs? Ranting on debian-devel@ can be a start, but bugs are
> the real thing. As you know ;)
>
> So, #?

Bug #711183  umount parser for /proc/mounts broken on stale nfs mount (gets renamed to "/mnt/point (deleted)")
Bug #711184  mount should not stat mountpoints on mount
Bug #711187  linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64: kernel should not rename mountpoint if nfs server is dead/unreachable

But ranting is much easier then opening bugs and wading through thousands of bugs
partially 10+ Years old and still unfixed.

Wheezy is btw the Debian release i have ranted the most about till now.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f@zz.de