Re: Debian/Wheezy general rant Was: mount point gets "(deleted)" / unable to unmount

On 06/05/2013 07:24 PM, Bjoern Meier wrote:
You striped my other comment. What it is now? A decision of upstream or not?

I stripped it, because I wasn't considering it a valid argument. No one
keeps you from setting your default xsession and you actually should do
that when deploying Debian in a large computing environment where you
are the site administrator.

Are you going around and install all your machines manually using the
Debian Installer? Usually, people use automatic installation systems
like FAI (like we do at our department) which allow you to set
things like the default session and even let you avoid GNOME3
completely. If you want, your users will never see GNOME3.

I am sorry, but you can't blame Debian if you are unwilling to customize
the configuration to fulfill your needs.

if you don't just cut my comments but read them, you'd have all your
questions already answered.

Again, Debian having chosen GNOME as the default desktop will never
be a problem in a corporate environment if you as the site administrator
create a configuration for your needs.

The decision to turn GNOME into that what it is now was made upstream,
not in Debian. Debian has just chosen to stay with GNOME as the default
desktop when performing the default installation as it has been like
for quite some time. And, again, changing the default desktop is a
no brainer:

> update-alternatives --set x-session-manager /usr/bin/mate-session

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz