Re: Please assume good faith (was Re: systemd effectively mandatory now due to GNOME)

Le 25/10/2013 00:39, Brian May a écrit :
> On 25 October 2013 03:33, Christoph Anton Mitterer
> <calestyo@scientia.net <mailto:calestyo@scientia.net>> wrote:
>
>     Well arguably, one shouldn't be too surprised if people get more and
>     more pissed off by GNOME _upstream_ .
>     They continuously try to push their agenda through and force their
>     blessings (most of the time broken, e.g. NM, GNOME Shell) on all users.
>

> If you don't like Gnome, nobody is forcing you to use it.
>
> There are alternatives. e.g. KDE. I use Awesome myself.
>
> Trying to say "[GNOME upstream] continuously try to [...] force their
> blessings on all users." is just wrong. Nobody is forced to use Gnome.

I agree with you.

As an other datapoint, I use the latest gnome and I am quite happy with
it. I also use systemd on my laptop and I am quite happy with it. If I
were unhappy, I would have switched to something else.

Sincerely,
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq