Re: Please assume good faith (was Re: systemd effectively mandatory now due to GNOME)

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:25:52AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 02:09:46AM +0200, Adam Borowski a écrit :
> >
> > Also, GNOME does _not_ absolutely need systemd.  Proof: Ubuntu.  This part
> > of its packaging in Debian strikes me as being intentionally malicious to
> > push an agenda.  And this is not the first time, we had this with Network
> > Manager already.
>
> at this point, I would like to point at a very important part of the
> "revised code of conduct" that Wouter is proposing: "Assume good faith".
>
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/05/msg00084.html

My apologies, I overreacted.

I'm fed up with repeated attempts to force components on the rest of the
system, but that's mostly a fault of Gnome's upstream, who are not even
malicious themselves but merely don't care about portability to other
systems.  They don't get paid for making it work on Debian nor *BSD.

The way both Network Manager (twice) and now systemd are pushed in the
Debian packaging does leave a bad taste, but I should have limited
my (harsh already) words to merely "pushing an agenda".  The word
"malicious" was really uncalled for.

Deep apologies.

--
ᛊᚨᚾᛁᛏᚣ᛫ᛁᛊ᛫ᚠᛟᚱ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᚹᛖᚨᚲ