Re: Longer maintainance for (former) stable releases of Debian (Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian)

>> Long-term support of stable releases was one of the reasons for the
>> debian-companies@ initiative. I'm Ccing Michael Meskes, who is
>> interested in coordinating this initiative.
> JFTR Coordination of LTS support should not go through a closed list.

And I don't think anyone suggested that. The debian-companies list is
closed so that the companies can discuss where they want to go before
going public with it. LTS is certainly something companies can and
should help with, but more importantly something involving Debian as a
whole. So this discussion should be public.

Michael

P.S.: Expect an email about the debian-companies initiative in the next
couple days.
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Geschäftsführer/CEO
Tel.: +49 (0)2161 / 46 43 0

credativ international GmbH, HRB Moenchengladbach 15543,
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Moenchengladbach, Germany
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Joerg Folz

Global:  http://credativ.com
Canada:  http://credativ.ca
Germany: http://credativ.de
India:   http://credativ.in