Re: Longer maintainance for (former) stable releases of Debian (Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian)

Hi All,

On 08/26/2013 09:31 AM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> On Di 20 Aug 2013 02:04:40 CEST Charles Plessy wrote:
>
>> Altogether, it is a lot of work, but if we have enough people for
>> doing it, think that it would be very positive for us.
>
> /me raises his hand for giving his work for longer maintainance of
> former Debian stable releases. For customer sites 2.5yrs + 1yr
> stable/oldstable does not suffice.
Me too.
I think we should match the five years Ubuntu LTS offers for at least
part of the packages like Ubuntu does with main/universe [1] distinction.

Cheers,
Balint

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories