Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

Am 22.07.2013 11:17, schrieb Josselin Mouette:
> Le lundi 22 juillet 2013 à 10:45 +0200, Gergely Nagy a écrit :
>> systemd being installed does not mean it will be used as init. The
>> package happens to contain a few tools the GNOME Shell needs, that is
>> all, to the best of my knowledge. It's a harmless dependency if you
>> don't use systemd, one that is only "scary" on paper.
>
> If you don’t use systemd, logind will be non-functional, and you lose
> all features that require the system to know who is logged on what. Such
> as shutting down the system, mounting USB devices, and so on.

No longer true with 204-1. We made it possible to use logind standalone
and it will be activated via D-Bus ondemand on sysvinit when other
software needs it.

So what Gergely said is correct.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?