Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

On 07/19/2013 06:12 PM, Mathieu Parent wrote:
As the recommended way to install systemd is using init= and not
installing systemd-sysv, maybe the popcon "vote" count is the correct
metric?

Plus, systemd isn't pulled in by anything else which means when it's
there it's there because it was actively installed. I don't think it
magically lands onto a user's hard disk or someone installs it just
in order to not use it actually.

systemd is "used regulardly" on about 1200 popcon submiters, upstart
on about 600 (this is even less than 100 from 2013-07-04, but what
happened!).

Like several people pointed out before, the popcon entries for the
Ubuntu upstart package pointed to Debian which at a particular time
which resulted in wrong data being sent to popcon.

The data that we have now is the actual data and it shows upstart
isn't very popular.

Cheers,

Adrian

--