Re: Switching to mozilla ESR in stable-security

Quoting Russ Allbery (2013-05-30 19:56:23)
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
> > On 30-05-13 19:29, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
> >> Maybe the best way forward is to have backports activated by
> >> default
>
> > No.
>
> > If we're going down that route, we might as well give up on doing a
> > stable release.
>
> Two issues keep getting confused when people talk about this, so let
> me try to clarify the way that this was clarified on backport-users.
>
> The actual proposal in the bug report is to add backports.debian.org
> to the default sources.list file in the installer, but not otherwise
> change anything about the backports configuration.  Specifically, the
> archive would remain NotAutomatic ButAutomaticUpgrades.

Sorry, what bugreport?

I do not consider backports.debian.org of same quality as debian.org so
am concerned by what you outline above, and would like to (at the least)
read up on the relevant discussion (i.e. avoid rehashing it here).

 - Jonas