Re: Switching to mozilla ESR in stable-security

Le jeudi, 30 mai 2013 14.53:44, Florian Weimer a écrit :
> * Didier Raboud:
> > If we can't handle the backporting of serious security issues on top
> > of our stable version (in order to maximise the avoidance of
> > regressions), then maybe said software shouldn't be shipped in
> > stable in the first place. Thoughts ?
>
> Which web browsers would remain in stable if we applied this criterion
> consistently?

Although that makes me very sad, if we (collectively) give up packaging
browser extensions (hence letting our users rely on third-party repositories
to get access to [non-]free binaries) and frozen browsers in stable, then
maybe the correct answer to your question is "none".

OdyX