Re: 2013 sometimes still feels like 2003 or 1993 (Re: NEW processing during freezes

Hi!

Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> writes:
> For the 13.04 release, Ubuntu made a change to its procedure whereby
> source-only uploads to the development release (e.g. raring) actually go to
> e.g. raring-proposed first.  The builds are attempted and only if they
> succeed, pass their autopkgtests, *and* don't make the archive less
> installable than before the new upload, are the packages copied over to the
> release, e.g. raring.

s/raring/testing s/raring-proposed/unstable and the whole thing sounds
familar. Packages don't go into testing if they show regressions in
buildability or decrease installablility in the archive. Now if we add
whatever autopkgtests does it's eaxctly what we have, no?

    Christop[h

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer