Re: 2013 sometimes still feels like 2003 or 1993 (Re: NEW processing during freezes

On Thu, 2 May 2013 12:27:32 +0200
Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Donnerstag, 2. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > People do this all the time: upload packages built against local packages,
> > experimental or even on Ubuntu to Debian sid.
>
> /me shivers. This hurts. There is no reason not to rebuild in sane
> environments. Can we please fix this for the next release?!

After Wheezy is released, we can talk about throwing away all binary
uploads again... if we can't prevent people doing the wrong thing, we
might have to send bits of what gets uploaded to /dev/null.

--

Neil Williams