Re: Git checkout/clean and double-buildability.

On 05/05/13 at 03:06 +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 10:00:07AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Anyway, given that our infrastructure builds binary packages from a fresh
> > unpacked source package, I would prefer if we keep the compromise that
> > imperfect "clean" targets are not release-critical problems.
>
> Note that for a big majority of packages, double builds work just fine.

[citation needed] :)

> In fact, that's most of what "make" is for: coping with partially
> complete trees.

I think that it depends on what kind of double-builds you are
talking about. For binary-only builds, I agree with you. But if you try
to rebuild the source package after a binary build, I'm quite sure that
a large number of packages will fail to build.

Lucas