Re: Git checkout/clean and double-buildability.

On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 10:00:07AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Anyway, given that our infrastructure builds binary packages from a fresh
> unpacked source package, I would prefer if we keep the compromise that
> imperfect "clean" targets are not release-critical problems.

Note that for a big majority of packages, double builds work just fine.
In fact, that's most of what "make" is for: coping with partially
complete trees.

It's only if you do something strange when extra handling is needed.
So breaking partial builds is not something nice, and certainly contrary
to user expectations.

--
ᛊᚨᚾᛁᛏᚣ᛫ᛁᛊ᛫ᚠᛟᚱ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᚹᛖᚨᚲ