Re: 2013 sometimes still feels like 2003 or 1993 (Re: NEW processing during freezes

]] Michael Gilbert

> The one thing Debian is comfortable about spending money on is
> hardware, so if we expect to see double build times, then there should
> be an associated doubling-down on buildd hardware.

One thing is the cost to buy the hardware.  Other costs (monetary or
otherwise) are getting people to admin them, finding hosting for them,
etc.

(As for having weekly rebuilds, we could probably do that, if somebody
volunteered to do the work involved.  I haven't seen anybody request it
since I joined DSA slightly less than two years ago, though, so I assume
there's not a huge interest.)

--
Tollef Fog Heen