Re: debian mate

Regarding the GNOME vs. MATE etc., please read this recent post from Vincent:
http://www.vuntz.net/journal/post/2012/11/21/No-fallback-mode-in-GNOME-3.8%2C-future-of-gnome-panel
If people (the MATE people?) step in and maintain & adjust the
gnome-panel, we won't have any problem for Jessie.
I will just wait, since this will all be solved in a nice way :)
Cheers,
   Matthias