Re: (seemingly) declinging bug report numbers

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 07:33:28PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> We won't attract the people you're looking at, until we can actually
> come up with a standard, cross-distro toolchain that:
>
>  - is actually useful to build games, UIs, whatever you want people to
>    build;
>  - provides an API[1] that is guaranteed not to change for at least,
>    say, 3 years;
>  - when it changes 3, 6, 9, ... years later, you can trust that it will
>    change into another that's just as stable;
>  - is actually widely adopted by the community.

For games, SDL (with OpenGL if you need 3D) does all of the above, and
has done so since at least 10 years. It's also cross-platform.

Yes, the Desktop/UI APIs change too often to be useful, I agree with that.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and