Re: (seemingly) declinging bug report numbers

On Friday 19 October 2012 00:53:43 Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Another reason could be, that people have problems with the BTS.
> Don't get me wrong, I personally like it a lot... and I wouldn't want to
> have e.g. launchpad (if at all,... I'm quite a bugzilla fan)... but
> especially for end-users BTS might be tricky to use and I know even some
> fellow computer scientists which complained about it (and asked whether
> there was a more bugzilla-ish web interface or so).

In the last 18 monthes, about half my bug reports were lost during reporting.
I could work around using -ui text, but sometimes I had to rewrite them from
scratch. Many people would give up I suppose.

I'm talking about bug #620225 in reportbug.

If you look at the merge count, you can see many people are affected.

There already was a hot discussion about the priority of that bug, and I
don't want to add oil on the fire.

It has been partially fixed. But if someone read this and have time to help
fixing it for good, that would really help the project IMHO, because it affects
its overall quality, by preventing bugs to be reported.

Cheers

-- Jean-Michel Vourgère