Re: Gnome classic mode

Le mercredi 12 septembre 2012 à 12:40 +0200, Jerome BENOIT a écrit :
> What does it happen when no internet connection is available (no access to internet,
> no supported driver for the net card) ?
> This case is certainly as anecdotic as CD1, but somehow in this situation CD1
> can be very useful to step forward. So a CD1 with a light windows manager would be
> a good idea;

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/
→ debian-6.0.5-amd64-kde-CD-1.iso
→ debian-6.0.5-amd64-xfce+lxde-CD-1.iso

I’d appreciate if debian-devel could be a place where we talk about
Debian development, not a place to answer newbie FAQs.

> the other windows managers could be placed on the other CDs.

I’d also appreciate if people could stop spreading dumb shit like “KDE
is just a window manager”.
We could easily ship our 70+ window managers on a single CD. Yet we now
have trouble doing so with a single desktop environment.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :