Re: Enabling uupdate to simply remove files from upstream source (Was: Minified javascript files)

On 12-08-17 at 10:18pm, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 07:41:01PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > >Thanks.  That bug is about it _both_ being required by Debian
> > >Policy to document in debian/copyright and it _also_ being
> > >documented in developers reference that such info should be in
> > >README.Source.
> >
> > FWIW, it's the other way round: Policy says README.source, DevRef
> > says debian/copyright.

Thanks for clarifying, Jakub!

> I admit I really like the proposal from Jonas and for our purpose only
> a machine readable format can be used - so debian/copyright is the
> only (currently existing) file we can use.
>
> I admit I'm not very experienced with Perl and reading RFC822 files -
> so if somebody would help implementing this I'd be glad.

  grep-dctrl -FFormat -n -sFiles-Excluded \
  http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0 \
  < debian/copyright

Result should be a space-separated list of files or dirs consumable by
find, as documented in copyright format.

 - Jonas