Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

    Hello!

Ben Hutchings has written on Wednesday,  8 August, at 16:24:
>> >On 08/08/2012 09:11 PM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

>> >IMHO, if there's distros with ifconfig but not ip, then such distro
>> >doesn't deserve much attention. The standard *is* ip, it's a much
>> >more powerful tool that does all you need (you can't say the same
>> >thing with ifconfig).

>>     You mean MacOS-X, *BSD, Solaris, etc. are all dead and breaking the
>> standards? You've made me laugh. :)

>ifconfig was not specified in any standard.  If you ever actually
>tried to script address configuration on multiple platforms (I did, I
>used to work on network test automation) you'll find that there is
>actually almost no portability.

    Yes, I know that. But if you read again what I said - I haven't said
ifconfig is standard but I said ip is much more far from being standard
than ifconfig is so ifconfig should stay alive yet.

    Cheers!
    Andriy.