Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

    Hello!

Thomas Goirand has written on Wednesday,  8 August, at 22:01:
>On 08/08/2012 09:11 PM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>> And ip is not standard (not present on every Linux systems), whereas
>> I don't know any system without ifconfig.

>Then, what do you use to list multiple IPs on a single interface?
>ifconfig simply doesn't support it.

    In fact, I have multiple IPs on a single interface right now on the
machine where I write this letter. And I never used 'ip' before for
configuring it and probably I never will. Have you ever heared of such
thing as 'interface alias'? It's what I always used on *BSD, Linux, and
other *nix systems. And yes, command 'ifconfig' shows me those IPs too.
So I would say, such very distro-specific tool as 'ip' will never ever
can be called as 'standard' one. I'm sorry.

>IMHO, if there's distros with ifconfig but not ip, then such distro
>doesn't deserve much attention. The standard *is* ip, it's a much
>more powerful tool that does all you need (you can't say the same
>thing with ifconfig).

    You mean MacOS-X, *BSD, Solaris, etc. are all dead and breaking the
standards? You've made me laugh. :)

    Cheers!
    Andriy.