Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

On 08/08/2012 03:16 AM, Ulrich Dangel wrote:
> Currently the default PATH for Debian does not include /sbin, /usr/sbin, nor
> /usr/local/sbin. If an user wants to run a program in either /sbin/ or /usr/sbin
> the full path must be specified.

Or the user just adds those directories to $PATH in $SHELLrc/profile/....

Experienced users should be able to do this easily. And those who don't
knwo what to do with the tools in */sbin/* probably don't want/need them
in $PATH.

So I think at least for now its just fine to have the directories and
PATH settings separated.