Re: duplicates in the archive

Adam Borowski writes ("Re: duplicates in the archive"):
> "Breaks unrelated software" on the system is a RC severity, and there's no
> way one can say a windowing environment is related to core networking.
> Thus, I'd say, #542095 needs to be upgraded -- and changing Depends: to
> Recommends: is a non-intrusive fix.  It will cause n-m to be installed
> unless explicitely refused, just like you want it to be.

I definitely think this should be fixed for wheezy.

Adam earlier wrote on -devel:

   I tested a good part of Gnome today without n-m and it appears there
   are no regressions at all.  The only differences are:

   * it gets rid of n-m icon in the systray (duh)

   The dependency comes via gnome-core depending on
   network-manager-gnome.

To the Gnome maintainers: given that Adam has done this test, to check
that things are OK without n-m, would you be willing to make this
change to the gnome-core metapackage ?

Thanks,
Ian.