Re: duplicates in the archive

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:23:38AM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:38:42PM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> > > Which wm does that? I know it isn't gnome-shell at least, as I've been
> > > using it quite successfully without nm installed.
> > Have you tried to use evolution without NM?

Evolution seems to work just fine.

> I didn't try but it only suggests network-manager. However some applications do
> behave weird if you just deinstalled n-m (pidgin for instance), because they
> assume that you're not connected. After a reboot (maybe dbus restart is enough)
> they certainly connect again, though.

I tested a good part of Gnome today without n-m and it appears there are no
regressions at all.  The only differences are:

* it gets rid of n-m icon in the systray (duh)

The dependency comes via gnome-core depending on network-manager-gnome.

--
I was born an ugly, dumb and work-loving child, then an evil midwife
replaced me in the crib.