Re: build-time testing of pure arch:all packages

Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> writes:

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2012, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> > archive-wide rebuilds of arch:all packages as we routinely do rebuilds
>> > of arch:any packages.
>> > (Cc:-ing Lucas, for his great work on QA rebuilds.)
>> Are archive wide rebuilds done on anythiong but i386/amd64?
>
> IMHO if archive-wide rebuild could be carried on at least one
> representative big-endian architecture (e.g. sparc) -- it might already
> be quite useful.
>
> Do we also have some time share on one of the top3 HPC boxes [2] +
> Lucas#2 to take care about it?  ;-)
>
> [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOP500

My boss recently came back from a conference and he brought back a flyer
about 2U arm server with up to 192 cores and 192 GB ram (on 12 planes a
4 quad core cpus and 4x 4GB ram each) with 10 Gbit networking.

I wonder: How long would an archive wide build take with 192 armel
buildds?

MfG
        Goswin