build-time testing of pure arch:all packages

I wonder if we have a way to achieve that.

I package a few Python modules and enable build-time testing in them for
at least some QA.  Some of the packages, although being pure Python
(thus architecture all), deal with data I/O thus prone to bugs related
to alignment/endianness etc.   Unfortunately I cannot spot those until
some dependent on them package hits them (e.g. happened quite a few
times with nibabel - nipy bundle).  Ideally I wish I could somehow
instruct build servers to build those source packages with only arch:all
binary packages, discarding any result and only keeping the logs.
I wonder if that is somehow possible to achieve cleanly ?

weak alternative could be to enable testing of such core package within
another dependent arch:any package debian/rules (e.g. test nibabel
within nipy's debian/rules) but that is ugly for various reasons.

So I thought to ask ;-)

Cheers,
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences