Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 16:26 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> On 04/29/2012 04:11 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> >> Debian installs udev by default, but as with other init systems it should
> >> not stop your from using whatever-you-like instead of udev.
> >
> > Of course, Debian has many derivative distributions that use some alternate
> > components.
>

> Please stop trolling.
> There is no reason why we should not allow people to use mdev or whatever they
> like instead of udev.

I'm perfectly serious.  You may be able to do that today, but you should
not expect it to work and should not report a bug if you are later
forced to install udev as a depdendency of some other package.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.