Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

On Apr 25, Patrick Lauer <patrick@gentoo.org> wrote:

> in the last months there have been many discussions about init systems,
> especially systemd. The current state seems to make no one really happy
Not true. systemd and upstart do not make /everybody/ happy, but nothing
does.

> I'd like to ask you to evaluate OpenRC as candidate to replace the "old"
> have-always-been-there sysvinit/insserv init scripts in Debian.
What we need is an event-driven init system, anything else will just
make us waste more time.

> What we offer you is a modern, slim, userfriendly init system with
Sorry, no. upstart, systemd or the Apple thing are modern init systems,
this one is not.
But I agree that it would have been nice 5 years ago.

--
ciao,
Marco