Re: On init in Debian

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> I’ve not seen many people interested specifically in upstart in this
> discussion, apart from Canonical employees.

For the record, I'm interested specifically in upstart because I think
that alignment with Ubuntu is a major win for Debian in terms of the
ecosystem and aiding our already extensive sharing of packages.

I don't consider that benefit to be overwhelming, and I could be convinced
that systemd is the way to go even if it doesn't give us that if it's
sufficiently technically better.  But I think it's an important thing to
keep in mind.