Re: On init in Debian

OoO En ce  milieu de nuit étoilée du vendredi 30  mars 2012, vers 03:54,
Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez@igalia.com> disait :

>> FWIW, I have a proposal for a GSoC task this year to write a
>> systemd-to-initscript converter,
>> http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2012/Projects#SysV-init_file_creator_from_systemd_service_files
>>
>> The systemd service files are covered by the «interface guarantee»,
>> meaning they won't change incompatibly in a future release of systemd,
>> so I think having that as the base format would be fairly reasonable,
>> though probably just a subset so it's portable to other kernels and init
>> systems.

> And instead of this... why not simply improving metainit to support also
> systemd files?

> http://wiki.debian.org/MetaInit

> We already have this metainit thing that auto-generates both sysvinit
> and upstart files based on an easy common format.

> http://darcs.nomeata.de/metainit/examples/

Documentation is  rather absent. Currently (from Parse.pm),  it seems to
only  support   and  use  "Short-Description",   "Description",  "Exec",
"Prestart-Hook",  "Poststop-hook"  and  "No-Auto"  directive.   It  also
supports "Required-Start".  It seems  that simple things, like "reload",
cannot be achieved.
--
Vincent Bernat ☯ http://vincent.bernat.im

panic("bad_user_access_length executed (not cool, dude)");
        2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/kernel/panic.c