Re: On init in Debian

]] Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez

Hi,

> What you think about extending this GSoC project to also implement the
> translation from systemd unit files to upstart ones? it is worth ?

My interest in translating systemd units to sysvinit scripts is because
it'll enable us to have higher-quality init scripts and enable us to use
systemd as the default, if we so wish, without it impeding our non-Linux
ports.  I'm not particularly interested in making it possible to convert
systemd units to upstart jobs, as it won't help with that goal.

This means I'm not going to invest time in it, but if somebody shows up
with working, tested patches, they'll of course be taken into
consideration.

cheers,
--
Tollef Fog Heen