Re: On init in Debian

On 30/03/12 08:18, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez

>> > And instead of this... why not simply improving metainit to support also
>> > systemd files?
> I doubt you'll get upstreams to write metainit files.  I think we'll
> have upstreams providing systemd files and so I think metainit will
> basically be #15 in http://xkcd.com/927/.

Good point.

What you think about extending this GSoC project to also implement the
translation from systemd unit files to upstart ones? it is worth ?

I am afraid that if everybody switches to systemd only ubuntu will
remain using upstart. And this weird canonical contributor agreement
don't makes thing easier for them

Best Regards!

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez                           http://neutrino.es
Igalia - Free Software Engineering                http://www.igalia.com