gconftool

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 21:17 +0000, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On 2012-03-23, Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
> > The man pages are not very informative either.
>
> lol whut?
>
> You're arguing for CLI tools and then fail to read our all favourite
> documentation source?
>
> $ gconftool --all-dirs /
>  /system
>  /desktop
>  /schemas
>  /apps

So what?? How is this related to my desktop behaviour. Very intuitive,
yes? And where are the config files, even if they are xml? Default
settings, etc, you name it...

And where is the man page describing this? Have not found it yet...

Developers are surely not users..., different views. Ok, I admit this is
not a Debian/GNU issue, more general, but nevertheless.