Re: On init in Debian

Le jeudi 22 mars 2012 à 16:47 +0100, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> A few people that would have to be expert in all the areas that systemd
> implements?  There are a lot of knobs in the Debian sysv initscripts,
> which are there for a reason that has been determined by experts of
> the corresponding area during the past couple of decades. And now we'd
> replace that with just one software which hasn't been contributed to by
> all the experts that know what knobs are needed?

Yeah, sure. We can keep a pile of buggy software with hundreds of hacks
working around the bugs, giving jobs to ourselves, call ourselves
experts while still increasing the complexity of the system in order to
remain being the ones with expertise.

Or we can break this circle and replace this by a simpler solution. Yes,
we will run into bugs that we wouldn’t have run into without doing
anything, at first. This is still a very valuable investment.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :