Re: Enabling package installation for non-root users

2012/2/23 Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>:
> Le jeudi 23 février 2012 à 18:57 +0100, Matthias Klumpp a écrit :
>> You can change the PK settings using PolicyKit. Limiting installations
>> to a group of packages is not possible at time. (and not planned -
>> what if a package in group X requires a package of group Y? Users
>> could easily work around this limitation by creating a dummy package
>> in group X which pulls in the package from group Y, which they want.)
>
> Huh? Sorry but I fail to see what you would work around with that.
> Building a package doesn’t upload it to a repository.
Ah, okay - so this only works for repos... In that case, the borders
between certain groups are fluent too... What if a package of group X
should be installed, which requires one of group Y but the user is
only allowed to install stuff from X? (I'm not against this
possibility, it just looks very unclear which policy should apply)
Cheers,
   Matthias