please advice: restrict architectures in advance or leave it alone?

Hi,

I am about to upload a fresh new package -- CDE
http://www.stanford.edu/~pgbovine/cde.html
which is heavily based on strace (pretty much it is a code fork of
strace to provide necessary functionality).

Upstream author maintains it for x86 architectures only and
unfortunately has neither time, nor hardware (nor intention at the
moment) to support others.

I know that it would fail to build on powerpc, sparc and most probably
would fail to build on anything else (but x86 linux) from the list
of architectures strace supports.  so the question -- should I even
bother to upload attempting to build for that wide set of architectures
or should immediately restrict to amd64 and i386?

would porters be interested in contributing to patch it for those other
architectures (upstream author says that it shouldn't be hard but might
be trickier to test since his test battery is not yet made generally
usable)?

Thank you in advance for the feedback