Re: Enabling package installation for non-root users

Hi,

Le jeudi 23 février 2012 à 16:32 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz a
écrit :
> I'm looking for a way to enable non-root users to install packages on
> their local machines, but not removing/purging them.
>
> I know that probably the proper way to achieve that is PackageKit, but I
> was wondering if there is also a way to allow the use of apt-get, with
> constraints for certain options.

At work we use aptdaemon to do that. You only need to add a pkla file to
authorize the relevant actions, and aptdcon / software-center will allow
installation from the users you authorize (typically, users physically
logged on the machine).

(We even have a patch to allow only a subset of packages but it is
unfortunately a bit too hackish.)

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :