Re: Enabling package installation for non-root users

Am Donnerstag, den 23.02.2012, 18:46 +0200 schrieb Timo Juhani
Lindfors:
> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> > (We even have a patch to allow only a subset of packages but it is
> > unfortunately a bit too hackish.)
>
> Would be really nice to have some standard sets available (think
> "browser extensions", "command-line tools that ship no services or suid
> binaries"). I'd certainly let my desktop users install these without
> having to ask me or having to install them manually to their $HOME..

Do you need a whitelist or a blacklist?
Do you want to limit all installations via aptdaemon or only for a set
of users?

We could limit the allowed packages by e.g. debtags, section and package
names.

A set of configuration options comes to my mind:

APTDAEMON::Restrict::Users { "joe", "jane"; };
APTDAEMON::Restrict::Tags::Allow { "interface::shell"; };
APTDAEMON::Restrict::Tags::Deny { "interface::daemon"; };

Would this be of any help to you?

Cheers,

Sebastian Heinlein