* Stefano Zacchiroli (zack@debian.org) [110429 14:22]:
> In general we need to promote the reduction of (potential) bottlenecks
> in Debian rather than the contrary. ... and don't get me wrong: I'm very
> well aware that this specific "bottleneck" is a very good feature to
> have for the preparation of a stable release, given it means more
> scrutiny and ultimately more quality.  But given that "rolling" seems to
> be willing to trade some of that stability off in favor of fresher
> software, it might be warranted to lift it off there.

Sorry, but I think that's really the wrong way to go.

Someone needs to fix that brokeness in the end, and these "someone" is
a very limited set of people. I can well remember the effort it took
me to clean up testing after the last larger release managers
exchange, and I'm not going to do that again.

On the other hand, the entry barier into the release team isn't too
high. If someone is willing to work e.g. only on encouraging packages
fixing important bugs to testing faster, please get in contact with
one of the release managers (or me), and we can certainly arrange
something in the interesst of all.

But just making more mess in testing for PR reasons doesn't sound like
a good idea to me.

Andi