On 2011-04-28, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> But I don't plan to work on any of those if the project does not agree to
> promote testing to something that can be advertised as usable by end-users
> and as something that we strive to support on a best-effort basis.

The usual troll of "everything in Debian is volunteer work and thus
best-effort" aside, what's your current characterization of testing?

It's already the case that you can go and send a mail to debian-release@ that
package X needs to be put into testing more quickly than the set urgency or
asking for permission to upload to t-p-u to fix bugs if the upload is
entangled.  And apart from that it's supported on a best-effort basis already
with bug fixes trickling from unstable into it and critical stuff being
fixed faster.

And we're back to PR again…  There are various kinds of end-users and I
know a certain kind which can cope with testing, of course.  At least if
they're wired up to at least get announcements if something's screwing
up systems gravely.  That channel seems to be missing, though.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern