* Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) [110428 22:16]:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, sean finney wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 02:55:31PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > Good. I just want to point out that "frozen" built on top on rolling
> > > (which is what we're proposing here) is different from "frozen" built on
> > > top of unstable (which is what we had before the introduction of testing).
> >
> > Or more clearly: frozen built on top of the next release, after it is
> > snapshotted/branched, you mean, right?
>
> No. Frozen in 199x started as a snapshot of unstable with all the
> problems that unstable can have. The rules governing testing/rolling
> ensure that a large class of problem simply cannot exist in that
> distribution.

I read about lowering the entry bariers so that packages with RC bugs
and not being built on all architectures could enter your new testing.
This doesn't sound like it fixes these issues. Besides, we usually
have a few hundered RC bugs to get fixed after the freeze, and doing
that via unstable has proven to work well.

Andi