On 28/04/2011 12:03, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, Simon McVittie wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 at 11:29:28 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>>> - at freeze time, instead of freezing rolling, we make a snapshot of
>>>   rolling (I call it testing) and this is where we do the work left
>>>   to make it ready for release
>>
>> So your "testing" is essentially the pre-2000 "frozen" distribution [1], and
>> your "rolling" is basically the current "testing" without the need to freeze?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If that's the case, calling the distributions unstable/testing/frozen/stable
>> might make everyone less confused :-)

+1

> Might be, except that I don't want to keep the name "testing" due
> to its connotation that doesn't reflect well the goal of something
> that's constantly usable.

Except that it's lying to our users to name it "rolling" because packages
from rolling won't be rc-bug free. For this reason, I think that "testing"
is a very well choosen name, more honest about its state. If people think
that "testing" (as a suite) is broken, then we should try to change that
idea, instead of just changing its name. (IMO)

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/