On 13/04/2011 14:21, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, sean finney wrote:
>> I don't think I've heard anything back from anyone who's actually on
>> the release team regarding this, but if they were at least non-comittedly
>> open to the idea, I'd be willing to throw my hat into the ring to help
>> put something together.
>
> Yeah, it would be great to have some feedback from RT team members. I
> tried to get some indirectly when I interviewed Meddi Dogguy and Adam D.
> Barratt:
> http://raphaelhertzog.com/2011/04/07/people-behind-debian-adam-d-barratt-release-manager/
> http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/12/23/people-behind-debian-mehdi-dogguy-release-assistant/

Funny… reading your recent blogpost, you seem to not understand yet what
you want to put into Rolling (and how). So, how can we comment on
something that's not set or clearly described yet? Make a plan first, ask
for questions later, please.

There are certainly some ideas flowing here and there… but I can't find a
document that describes clearly what that suite is!

For example: What would be Rolling's content right after a release?
(comparing to testing, which starts from the stable just released). I
guess you cannot merge because testng will be lagging behind a bit. You
cannot just get what's in testing and restart from fresh, because there
might be users that won't like it. If you continue, there will be no
relation with testing anymore. The two suites will have their own set of
problems, I guess.

Again, I don't know yet how Rolling is supposed to be run. So, I might be
wrong.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي