On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 at 11:29:28 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > - at freeze time, instead of freezing rolling, we make a snapshot of
> >   rolling (I call it testing) and this is where we do the work left
> >   to make it ready for release
>
> So your "testing" is essentially the pre-2000 "frozen" distribution [1], and
> your "rolling" is basically the current "testing" without the need to freeze?

Yes.

> If that's the case, calling the distributions unstable/testing/frozen/stable
> might make everyone less confused :-)

Might be, except that I don't want to keep the name "testing" due
to its connotation that doesn't reflect well the goal of something
that's constantly usable.

But IMO the best way to not confuse people might be to stop using too many
aliases and use only codenames for distributions that are not permanent.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)